The Dr B. Oligist workshops are a range of hands-on workshops that introduces younger children to biological sciences. To link in with each school’s curriculum the workshops are available on a range of topics including, but not limited to:
- • DR. B. Ologist…2, 4, 6 or 8? Legs, Legs, Legs
- • DR. B. Ologist…Perplexing Plants
- • DR. B. Ologist…What Happens to My Food?
- • DR. B. Ologist…The Great Barrier Reef
- • DR. B. Ologist…My Skeletal System
- • DR. B. Ologist…Sense-a-tional
Example: Dr. B. Ologist…Take a Deep, Deep Breath
Breathe in, breathe out… and while you do, spare a thought for the amazing human body’s respiratory system. What happens once you take that breath? Where does the oxygen go? More interesting though, what happens to the carbon dioxide? What role do your lungs play? Does the heart play a part? You will discover the answers to all these questions as you travel many kilometres of the human respiratory system.